Leading the way in putting you in charge of motor control and making your processes more efficient is the latest addition to the Nidec Control Techniques motor drive portfolio. With a comprehensive feature set optimised for simple motion cycles the Commander S Drive range provides a cost-effective solution for drive applications that require plug and play convenience straight from the box.
The Commander S drive is the first drive to come with a built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) App interface as standard. The Marshal app (which is downloadable for free on a mobile device for Android/OS) is a revolutionary way to communicate wirelessly with a motor drive using NFC, covering commissioning, monitoring, diagnostic and support. The NFC technology utilised in these versatile drives has a communication time of less than 0.5s, helping to speed up and simplify your set-up times considerably.
Sleek Design Simple Operation
The sleek curved design and small footprint of the Commander S range optimises component layout and with easy access to angled terminals and the click-on/click-off DIN rail mount make installation remarkably easy. With a wide range of power, voltage, mains filter options and frame sizes available to choose from you are certain to find a model to suit your application and using the Marshall App you can be up and running in under 60 seconds.
As you might expect from Control Techniques, the performance of the Commander S range is guaranteed throughout its whole lifetime and is packed with features to help save you time, space, energy and money.
The Marshall App – revolutionising the motor drive interface
Marshal is the motor drive expert in your pocket. A content rich interface means you can easily commission, clone parameters, back-up settings, share data and configurations via Outlook & OneDrive, diagnose issues and create report logs/error reports, visualise settings and monitor the drive in just a few taps of your smartphone’s screen.
Marshall App Advantages
- Power off commissioning with FastStart assisted commissioning
- Advanced parameter settings, pre-set application configurations
- Easy parameter cloning and transfer, simple back-up process
- Share configurations via Outlook, OneDrive, WhatsApp, export as PDF
- Guided diagnostics, error logs and active error diagnosis
- Quick view of parameter settings and drive status, restrict access
- Easily visualise I/O, motor and speed settings
Commander S Motor Drive Features
- NFC communication App interface
- Power range 0.18 to 4 kW (0.25 to 5 HP)
- Supply requirements 100V (100-120 V), 200V (200-240 V) 400 V (380-480 V)
- Marshal App interface enables drive set-up in only 60 seconds
- FastStart commissioning menu – 4 simple steps to get your motor running
- 3 frame sizes available
- Simple setup routines tailored to your application
- Inputs and outputs – 2 Analogue Inputs, 1 output, 4 Digital inputs, 1 I/O, 1 Relay
- Fixed display with 4 control buttons
- RJ45 connector for Modbus RTU
- Intelligent fan control reduces energy usage
- Integrated C1 EMC filter for residential installations
- Choose your preferred interface; Marshal App, drive keypad, Connect PC Tool
- Finger proof terminals
- Restrict unwanted access via a PIN
The Commander S AC Drive has been designed for a wide range of industrial motor control tasks, including:
- Fan, Pump, Compressors
- Improved energy efficiency during low demand
- PID functionality -advanced control, no need for an external controller
- Avoid equipment resonant frequencies & reduce high-vibration levels
- Catch an already spinning motor to reduce start-up time and increase productivity
- Motor thermal protection prevents overheating during operation
Conveyors, treadmills, automatic doors & barriers
- Reliable speed control with onboard communications
- S-ramp acceleration/deceleration profiling minimising machine jerk
- Linear V to F with a controllable boost to get the machine running
- Drive overload capacity up to 150% for increased acceleration or load changes
- DC braking with stop indication
- Mixers, crushers, agitators, centrifuges, kneaders, spinning & braiding machines for textile
- Ease of integration to external PLC or other systems with on board communications
- Stability optimiser for improved motor control
- Resistance compensation for excellent torque performance
- Built-in EMC filter effectively reduces electromagnetic Interference
The Commander S is the next in line of a hugely successful portfolio of innovative advanced motor drive products from Nidec Control Techniques that are available to buy today from Kempston Controls, your trusted industrial processes and control supplier.
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on 042 9359393, email us at email@example.com, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.